Mr. Petri is one of the most respected lawyers and leaders in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Admitted to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania in 1985, Mr. Petri has developed a reputation as a tireless servant to his clients. He is admitted to the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He also has presented matters before various administrative agencies including the EEOC, the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the Department of Public Welfare. With over thirty years of experience, Scott is a capable litigator and advocate for his clients.
As a State Representative for parts of Upper Makefield, Northampton and Wrightstown Townships, Solebury and New Hope Borough, Mr. Petri is on the cutting edge of the development of laws which effect each and every one of us.
Before joining the legislature, Scott served as chairman of the Upper Makefield Planning Commission, and a member of the Joint Municipal Planning Commission. He also chaired the traffic impact committees and served as solicitor for Upper Makefield Township. He started his legal career in 1985 and became a partner in the law firm of Liederbach, Hahn, Foy & Petri. As a State Representative, Mr. Petri serves as Chairman of the Gaming Oversight Committee of the House, Chairman of the Life Science Caucus and is former Chairman of the Ethics and Urban Affairs Committee. He also serves on the Liquor Committees.
A 1985 graduate of Villanova University School of Law, Mr. Petri received his undergraduate degree from Washington and Jefferson College (B.A. 1982). In 2012, he received several State Legislator of the Year Awards from various organizations.
- Conducted hundreds of real estate transactions
- Successfully defended claim by bank against business customer for cyber fraud
- Successfully defended claim of sexual harassment in federal trial
- Accomplished estate plans to accommodate clients’ needs
- Assisted clients in protecting heirs with intellectual disabilities
- Won large awards for fraud and deceit against former general partner for investors
- Architectural Concrete Design
- BAFCO, Inc.
- Bucks County Mental Health Clinic
- Christopher McMahon Contracting, Inc.
- CoreCare Systems, Inc.
- Crossing Vineyards & Winery, Inc.
- Early Learning Enterprises, Inc.
- Independent Dealers Education Association Services
- KNF Corporation
- Meco Demolition, Inc.
- Philadelphia Reserve Supply Company
- Somerton Springs Swimming Club, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Bio – State Official of the Year – 2012
- BIO – 2015 State Legislator of the Year
- Pennsylvania & Delaware Valley Chapter, Community Associations Institute – 2016 Public of Official of the Year Award
- State Representative, Pa. House of Representatives 178th District (2002–present)
- Former Chairman of Appropriations Committee
- Co-chairman, Life Science Caucus