An Outstanding Reputation For Success
Family Law Matters For LGBTQ Clients
Same-sex marriage has been legal in Pennsylvania since 2014. Long before that year, however, many couples unofficially formed same-sex unions. Some formalized cohabitation agreements. Some were in domestic partnerships formalized in other states. Some had married in other states. From 2014 onward, many Pennsylvania same-sex couples began to marry in courthouses and other venues around the state.
Call (215) 750-0110 today for a FREE consultation, or contact us by email.
When Same-Sex Couple Families Break Up
Regardless of the circumstances, those who have entered into committed relationships with partners of the same genders sometimes separate and encounter legal issues to resolve such as property division. Now, a few years after marriage between two men or two women has been a legal option, gay divorces are happening just as divorce happens in the rest of the population.
LGBT couples in domestic partnerships, whether formalized or not (in Pennsylvania or in other states), require legal advice in cases where cohabitation has ended or will soon end. Gay couples, married or not, can turn to Begley, Carlin & Mandio, LLP, for help individually or together to resolve family law matters such as the following:
- Cohabitation agreements and prenuptial agreements
- Divorce, separation and termination of domestic partnerships
- Property division in divorce and in dissolution of cohabitation agreements
- Spousal support (alimony), when applicable
- Adoptions, including stepparent adoption for spouses who are not biological parents for children born within a same-sex marriage
- Child custody and child support for divorced or separated same-sex spouses and for unmarried same-sex partners in co-parenting relationships
- Modification of custody orders and support orders
Whether you are planning to marry, planning to divorce, planning to adopt a child with your same-sex partner or are separating as co-parenting partners, knowledgeable lawyers at Begley, Carlin & Mandio, LLP, can help you chart your course.
Divorce Is Not Easy, Let Us Help Ease The Path
Our experienced attorneys can help find the best path forward for your situation — you do not need to face this alone. We represent Bucks County families out of our Langhorne and New Hope, Pennsylvania, offices.